May 29, 2018
Doing the VHI Mini Marathon?
We’ve got your soundtrack covered!
The sun is out and the good news is that apparently, it’s staying put for the rest of the week and Bank Holiday Weekend Woohoo! We’ve a lot to smile about …..40,000 of you wonderful women will be taking to the streets of Dublin on Sunday, to take part in the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon and we just wanted to wish you all well! If it’s your first time doing it, you might be feeling a little bit nervous but there’s no need at all. It’s a great day, fuelled by kindness and craic! I’ve done it 8 times for various different charities and have loved doing each one but unfortunately I haven’t been able to take part in the last three years because its clashed with filming ‘Getaways’ RTE.
If you are taking part, you might need a little extra motivation to get you over that final kilometre and we want to help you out! FARO Hairbrushes won’t be much good to you after sweating your head off for 10km but we’ve decided to help in another way. We went around the FARO office (100% female!!) and compiled our favourite walking / jogging / running songs so whatever you decide to do on the day, we’ve got you covered.
We’ll start slow and build up to the tune to end all tunes! Are you ready to start taking notes?
- Green Light – Lorde – A nice easy one to start. Don’t worry, it’s a builder.
- Fade – Kanye West – This one has a great little thump to it. Plus we’d recommend watching the video too. #Goals
- Kiss – Prince – Long live the Purple Prince! Ease yourself into things with this classic.
- Euphoria – Loreen – A slice of Eurovision dance. No guilt required. This is a tune!
- Me Too – Meghan Trainor – This song will make you walk with confidence. Guaranteed.
- I Don’t Care – Cheryl – This is the ultimate revenge song. Think of every ex you’ve ever had!
- Fit But You Know It – The Streets – A flashback to the early 00s. Still sounds great! Even better in the sunshine.
- Bonkers – Dizzee Rascal – This one will wake up your feet – you can’t help but move. Could cure the midway slump.
- Horny – Mousse T – Memories of your girly nights out will come flooding back, putting a big smile on your face instantly.
- Born This Way – Lady Gaga – No matter how sweaty you look and wrecked you feel, use this song to remind yourself how great you are doing! You’re on the right track baby!
- Son of a Gun – JX – 90s dance at its best. WHAT A SONG!
- You Don’t Know Me – Jax Jones – Bringing us back to last summer. This will bring your bounce back!
- If I Could Turn Back Time – Cher – For the 8km mark when you are losing hope! Allow this power ballad to wash over you! You may have to restrain yourself from singing out loud!
- Let Me Entertain You – Robbie Williams – You’re so close to the finish line, you can almost taste it!
- The Weekend – Michael Gray – If you are thinking of indulging in a sneaky glass of wine once you pass the finish line, this song should speak to you! Let the long weekend begin!
And if you aren’t doing the Mini Marathon and decide to BBQ instead don’t worry; this could be the soundtrack for your perfect night party…. Win Win!
Enjoy the la la la la la la long weekend everyone!
image source: www.glamour.com